Why maintenance is important
Maintenance is key if you want to keep your expensive car wash equipment running smoothly. Not only does proper maintenance ensure the safety of your staff and customers, but it also improves customer retention and wash efficiency. Not to mention the prevention of costly repairs or damage to vehicles.
Canadian company Enviro Wash Solutions has just published an extensive post about how to properly maintain your equipment. It’s an interesting read, as maintenance directly affects the profitability of your car wash. And it means fewer repairs which ultimately leads to more profit, less downtime, more customers served and high customer retention.
The equipment you use to wash and dry the cars is the core of your business. You need to make sure it is functioning well and not causing any damage to the vehicles.
Here are some steps advises you to take to maintain your equipment:
- Check the brushes regularly for wear and tear. Replace them if they are too worn or damaged. Clean them with soap and water after each use to remove dirt and debris. Brushes make direct contact with customer cars so if they start retaining debris within tears, paint can be damaged leading to costly repairs.
- Check the pumps and hoses for leaks, cracks, or clogs. Repair or replace them if needed. Flush them with clean water at least once a week to prevent buildup of soap residue or dirt. Residue buildup is another way that customer vehicles can be damaged or scratched. Additionally, car washes operate as a fine-tuned machine to maximize profits. Leaks and clogs can affect the delivery of the chemicals resulting in unsatisfactory washes or higher chemical costs.
- Check the electrical components for any signs of corrosion, loose wires, or faulty connections. Exposed wires may ultimately result in nothing. However, in most cases they could lead to breakers tripping, slowing down the opening routine. Power surges, damaging equipment, or even fires. Turn off the power before inspecting wires and contact a professional electrician if you find any problems.
- Lubricate the moving parts of the equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the recommended type and amount of lubricant and apply it at regular intervals.
- Calibrate the equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications. This will ensure that the water pressure, temperature, and flow are optimal for washing and drying the cars. Most chemical suppliers, like EnviroWash Solutions will provide continued support to make sure that the chemical and water delivery performs optimally over time. If these conditions change, it could also be a symptom of one of the symptoms mentioned above.
Maintaining the Facility
The facility where you operate your car wash is also an important factor in your success. You need to keep it clean, organized, and inviting for your customers. Remember that a wash is only as clean as a customer thinks it is. Here are some steps you can take to maintain your facility:
- Sweep and mop the floors daily to remove dirt, water, and oil stains. Use a disinfectant solution to sanitize the floors and prevent mold and bacteria growth.
- Clean the walls, windows, and doors with a mild detergent and water. Remove any graffiti, stickers, or posters that may damage the paint or glass. Make sure that no streaks are left.
- Empty the trash bins regularly and dispose of the waste properly. Recycle any materials that can be recycled, such as plastic bottles, cans, or paper.
- Replace any burned-out light bulbs or broken fixtures. Make sure the lighting is adequate and bright enough for your customers and staff.
- Inspect the fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and emergency exits. Make sure they are working properly and comply with the local fire codes.
Benefits of Proper Maintenance
By following these tips on how to maintain a car wash for car wash owners, you will enjoy many benefits for your business. Some of these benefits are:
Safety: You will reduce the risk of accidents, injuries, or lawsuits that may result from faulty equipment or unsafe facilities.
Customer retention: You will increase customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing a high-quality service and a pleasant environment.
Efficiency: You will save time and money by preventing breakdowns, repairs, or replacements of your equipment or facility.
Reputation: You will enhance your image and credibility as a professional and reliable car wash owner.
Maintaining a car wash is not an easy task, but it is essential for your success. By following these tips by Enviro Wash Solutions on how to maintain a car wash for car wash owners, you will be able to keep your equipment and facility in top shape and provide a great service to your customers.
Remember that proper maintenance is an investment that pays off in the long run.
Enviro Wash Solutions is a car wash supplier from Calgary, Canada. They supply chemicals and sell car wash parts but also give extensive service to carwash owners.the above article was originally published on this blog.