Hartmut Jenner, ceo Kärcher

Kärcher turnover grows by double digits

Photo: Kärcher

The German manufacturer of pressure washers and washing equipment Kärcher, in its own words, took advantage of the need for more hygiene during the corona pandemic and expanded its activities significantly. The group’s turnover increased by 13.6 percent last year to a record value of around 3.1 billion euros.

“We have grown strongly across the board in all product segments and in all regions,” said CEO Hartmut Jenner (pictured). But: “But we also have to deal with high material and transport costs,” he said. Kärcher also felt the shortage of chips. “It mainly concerned machines that are built in small numbers. On the other hand, devices with large numbers for private customers were less affected.”

Many uncertainties

Jenner speaks of a satisfactory operating result, but the company traditionally does not communicate profit figures. “We want to continue to grow turnover in 2022. But there are many uncertainties, such as the Ukraine crisis.”

According to the information, about half of the turnover is attributable to business with private customers, the other half to business with professional users. Since the start of the corona pandemic, private customers have been asking for more high-pressure and steam cleaners and garden tools. In the past year, the trade in equipment for use in industry, catering and other areas also picked up.

900 more staff

“We have 16 production sites worldwide, including in Germany, Italy, Romania, China, India, Brazil, Mexico and the US,” said Jenner. 86 percent of the turnover comes from abroad, the remaining 14 percent in Germany. According to him, 37 percent of all employees work in Germany. Worldwide, approximately 14,400 people were employed, more than 900 more than a year earlier.

Also read:

Author: Paul van den Bogaard

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.