Detailing car interior ends in explosion

Photo by Matt Hearne on Unsplash

Detailing is a professional business, a disturbing video from Poland proves. After having cleaned the interior of his car with a cleaning agent, a man decided to smoke a cigarette inside his vehicle. It ignited the chemicals that had been accumulating inside the car.

The accident happened two weeks ago at a self-service car wash in Jelenia Góra, about 70 kilometers southeast of the German town of Gorlitz.

Images from the surveillance camera showed how the man first sat in the car – and then lit a cigarette. Within seconds, the chemical particles of a “special cleaning agent” that he had used caught fire, according to local Polish TV station TV Dami.

The explosion turned the inside of the car into a ball of flame. The man, who was still sitting in the passenger seat at the time, jumped out in a flash and ran away. He reportedly suffered numerous burns and was taken to a hospital.

The photo used in this article is not of the car in question. 

Also read: 

Author: Rene Passet

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.