How contour tracking saves energy
Drying a car consumes a lot of energy and is therefore associated with high costs. WashTec offers its own dryer arch for retrofits in car washes. According to the German manufacturer, it might save car washes up to 300,000 euros over the lifecycle.
The 2+2 blower dryer from WashTec consists of two side blowers with 7.5 kW each and two roof blowers with 2 x 3 kW each. It achieves its high energy efficiency through contour tracking in combination with the close distance between the nozzle mouth and the vehicle surface.
For further efficiency, WashTec dryers can also be configured with linear technology. This further increases the effective time on the vehicle.
The big difference compared to conventional dryer systems lies in the contour tracking. This makes it possible to use dryers that require less power to achieve the same or better drying effect. WashTec summarizes the advantages as follows:
- Approx. 300,000 € savings possible in the life cycle*
- Energy-saving drying, lower operating costs thanks to low connected loads
- Efficiency: optimum drying result
- Rotating roof nozzles, contour tracking and optional linear movement
- Improved side drying, even with high vehicles, thanks to integral effect through adapted geometry of the roof nozzles
- Maximum operational safety
- Three-stage safety concept consisting of double flat belt protection, light barrier logic and safety bars
- Quiet and low-maintenance (at just 86 dB, the dryer impresses laundry customers, employees and residents)
(*Based on a calculated life cycle of 15 years at € 20,000 p.a. and an electricity price of € 0.40/kWh))